Monday, January 29, 2007

The Chairman's enforcers

I recently posted a review of Jung Chang's Mao: The Unknown Story over at my Amazon review page. Immediately, meaning overnight, about two dozen negative votes appeared on my review, against three positive. That's up to about eighty this morning, against 14 positive. Wow! My review was no great shakes, admittedly--I have written much better in the past, if you'd care to surf the back pages. But this is obviously a hit job. It'd be interesting to know where all these defenders of the late Chairman Mao Ze-dong are posting from. I mean, there was that tidbit in the news the other day, about how China will soon have more online users than the U. S.

Or it could just be some diehard U.S. academic Marxist hitting "Reload", I guess...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Please keep your comments civil and on-topic. Spammage will be cheerfully removed.