Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Farewell to my account at Little Green Footballs

Today I have come to the end of the road with LGF, where I've been a regular commenter since summer of '02. I was canceled for my defense of a notorious cartoon posted by a guest blogger over at Protein Wisdom, where I've been a regular commenter since '02 and a guest blogger since '06. The cartoon post & my response was too much for Charles and several others, and so, once some other commenters brought it to his attention, my account was revoked.

I will keep LGF in my blogroll over there, because it is still one of the best forums out there for conservatives and liberals to meet & interact on even terms. Not being willing to overstate my significance in the grand scheme of things, I would have to say that this is still true even with my absence.

I won't be showing up on any quote-unquote stalker blogs, in case anyone's interested. Which is not at all the same thing as avoiding ex-LGFers, since there are so, so many of them out there.

So, to all lizardoids, fair winds and following seas.



Addendum: Looking more closely, it seems that Charles was unaware until now that I had been posting at PW, and that that by itself would have been the deal-breaker. Kind of strange, since I never hid my comings and goings, posting everywhere under my own nic, and have stuck to pretty much the same political sites for the better part of ten years. So, it looks like the law of averages caught up to me.

I still stand by the rest of this post, though. YMMV.

12 comments:

  1. Hi. I am the now infamous "YoungLibertarian92".

    I agree with you, LGF is one of the best political debate sites on the web, that is why I keep registering and debating. My first account "mdr" was blocked with no explanation, I created another one but Charles blocked that one to, and so on.

    I'm sorry for your ban. You where truly a good "Sanity Inspector".

    Best Wishes,
    YoungLibertarian92

    ReplyDelete
  2. YoungLibertarian92,

    I recommend that you branch out. It's a big internet, after all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Sanity Inspector,

    But LGF is the only site with a smooth format for debating, with its "reply" and "quote" buttons.

    Its also the only political site with any civility. Look at Hot Air, Free Republic, Ace, Kos, Crooks and Liars, they're all filled with moonbats and wingnuts. LGF is the only place with centrists.

    Do you have any recommendations?

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shoot me an email; addy's on the top left column.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, LGF.

    Just sit back, enjoy your popcorn, try to guess who's next, and hit the refresh button.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to miss your thoughtful contributions to the LGF threads, though I am a much less regular visitor lately. The hyperbole and flame-wars seem to be getting worse. One wonders if any political blog can remain civil, high-brow, and diverse for long. Eventually, human nature may force whichever faction is most numerous to out-shout those who disagree, but I hope not.
    Best Regards,
    K.E.Loyd, aka "keloyd"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by and for the kind words, keloyd. I hope you will enjoy the bipartisan atmosphere at LGF while it lasts. Fortunately for me, I always maintained a lot of connections all over the web, across the spectrum. There are some lizardoids I know of who have invested everything in LGF and would have nothing if they got booted.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I, too, will miss your contributions to LGF. I don't care to reveal my nic right now, but you would probably recognize it and I agree with keloyd. Good luck to you and I'll try to stop by here on occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have got to be kidding right?
    Its the most wonderful place where left and right can coexist peacefully!
    You don't exist anymore. The moron shot you out of the water.
    There is no debate, there is only chuckie, all else will be eliminated.
    My crime? He stated that anyone gloating will be banned. Couldn't resist.
    Gloat.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous: thanks for the kind words. Please be aware that Charles can trace your comments here, even if you are anonymous. He's outed some anonymous commenters on other boards in the past. How? "That would be telling", he said. So, you're welcome to visit so far as I'm concerned.

    Kyle: Yes, so far as LGF is concerned, I am yesterday's popped zit. But, at the risk of sounding like the weepy schmuck swearing eternal love to the girl who just dumped him, at the present time LGF's comment forums are a reasonably bipartisan salon, with or without me. This will probably change as the balance slides leftwards going forward.

    But yes, so far as controlling his commenters goes, Charles has become like the person in the Bob Dylan song: "I gave her my heart, but she wanted my soul."

    ReplyDelete
  11. "I was canceled for my defense of a notorious cartoon posted by a guest blogger .....that Charles was unaware until now that I had been posting at PW, and that that by itself would have been the deal-breaker. ..

    ..... it is still one of the best forums out there for conservatives and liberals to meet & interact on even terms. "

    If you can reconcile these sentences at the same time, then you were at LGF far too long. Pretty much by definition, it can't be a forum of any kind if you can get banned for saying something that Nancy doesn't like.

    Welcome back to the real world....but please...get a grip.

    Bweep

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous,

    Yep, I won't claim that the logic of my experience is self-evident. But, that was my experience.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Please keep your comments civil and on-topic. Spammage will be cheerfully removed.