Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Random Rock Bloggage


You know, it's strange. When I was a spacey adolescent, back when woolly mammoths roamed the continent, I enjoyed the hell out of Jimi Hendrix. But now that I'm hauled up into middle age, I find that he's frequently too intense & mind-blowing for me. Why? I enjoy plenty of less innovative rock from that same era. I certainly wouldn't be so idiotic as to say that I've outgrown him. But he's just overwhelms me nowadays. A function of the broad mind & the narrow waist changing places, prolly. But it's amazing how his freshness, intensity, & innovation has *stayed* all these years, without losing its potency. His best transcended the hippie daze, and is undiminished to this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Please keep your comments civil and on-topic. Spammage will be cheerfully removed.