Saturday, November 04, 2006

And Madonna's already bored with her new lifestyle accessory!

I've long resisted indulging my dislike of Madonna, and my dislike of flighty-headed celebrity trends Third World adoption. But I can't resist when I see things like this. What's mere parenthood when you're on a much more important mission?

Miss Vieira pointed out: "Well, you could be home like that, if you wanted to. You've made all the money you ever need to make. You've got a nice life."

Madonna agreed, "Uh-huh," and added: "Well, I obviously I have things I want to say and accomplish... and I don't...

"Just staying home and looking after my children and being a mother and a wife is not what I want. I want more.

"If you want to affect change in the world, you do have to have a platform to stand on. And in order to have a platform to stand on, you have to keep doing your job. So, I guess that's why I'm juggling still."


Somebody misspelled "jiggling".

And, inevitably...

David [ Banda ] was born a Christian, will he be raised a Christian, she was asked? She said: "He's only you know 13 months old. He's too young to have been indoctrinated into any kind of belief system. But if David decides he wants to be a Christian, then so be it.


Maybe she'll also let him decide what language he prefers, before she teaches him how to talk. Since we're disguising our parental dontgiveadamnitis as freedom of choice, you know...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Please keep your comments civil and on-topic. Spammage will be cheerfully removed.