Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Cardinal Schoborn and Pope Benedict XVI

Today I gave a book talk to a group of senior citizens at a local church on the book The Rise of Benedict XVI: The Inside Story of How the Pope Was Elected and Where He Will Take the Catholic Church. It's pretty good for an "instant" book, taking us behind the scenes of John Paul II's final weeks, explaining how the new pope was elected in the conclave, offering a potted biography of Joseph Ratzinger, and speculating on where he is likely to take the Catholic Church next.

I'm not going to review it here, but I would like to note that I learned something new about a familiar name: Christopher Cardinal Schonborn. I have seen his name in First Things, and blogged one of his articles, here. In this book I learned that he was one of the main movers behind the candidacy of Joseph Ratzinger. Interesting...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Please keep your comments civil and on-topic. Spammage will be cheerfully removed.