Thursday, January 05, 2006

Neuhaus vs Hart

So I logged in to the First Things blog one day, and found a dust-up between Richard John Neuhaus and Professor Jeffrey Hart, over a column Hart had in The Wall Street Journal's Opinion Journal. Hart's responses were posted over at The New Criterion's blog, Arma Virumque. Sundry other commentators have chimed in at both blogs.

I have no particular take on the matter; indeed, I probably don't know enough to comment intelligently on it. But a very good one stop round-up of the relevant posts, along with some informed comment by Mark Comtois, is available over at Spinning Clio.

I know of Prof. Hart because he was one of the first scholars to warn about the onslaught of political correctness in higher education. I think he had something to do with the founding of the anti-pc National Association of Scholars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Please keep your comments civil and on-topic. Spammage will be cheerfully removed.