Monday, February 28, 2011

Charlie Sheen is special

After checking himself out of rehab, Sheen set up his own home rehab facility called “Sober Valley Lodge,” from which the principles of A.A. had been banned. “I will not believe that if I do something then I have to follow a certain path, because it was written nice,” he said. “It was written for normal people, people that aren't special. People that don't have tiger blood, you know, Adonis DNA.”

“I’m tired of pretending like I’m not special,” Sheen continued. “I’m tired of pretending like I’m not @#!*% a total fricking rock star from Mars, and people can't figure me out; they can't process me. I don't expect them to. You can't process me with a normal brain.”

It's certainly not nothing to be the most popular man on American TV. I have no idea what it is like to live and thrive at that level of the food chain, either artistically or financially. But surely he knows, as most successful people do, that he didn't get there or stay there all on his own. Carrying on like this makes him seem like an overgrown adolescent, who just can't get over his own uniqueness. Sounds like he's been spending too much time cocooned with sycophants, who have warped his self-perception. Just remember, Mr. Sheen: the further up the ladder you go, the more people can see your a$$.