Saturday, July 22, 2006

War Is Heck

That's all I got out of this fog bank of a column by Guy Raz at NPR. Only reason I bothered was because of the word "nuanced" in the title. That's a red flag word for me, when it comes to terrorism. It usually signals that the writer has moral-equivalenced himself right out of his mind.

Aside from its terror-related activity, Hezbollah is a political party and a social movement. Tens of thousands of Shiites in the country's south depend on Hezbollah-funded schools and hospitals.


I guess that's what happens when you make a deal with the devil.

And tell me--what is the difference between "terror-related activity" and "terrorism"?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Please keep your comments civil and on-topic. Spammage will be cheerfully removed.