Friday, September 01, 2006

Mark Farner (Grand Funk Railroad) - Closer to Home

Random Rock Bloggage:

My favorite song by the late 60s/early 70s sweat 'n' boogie legends Grand Funk Railroad. I've been deeply imprinted with these haunting chords since childhood. Literally. I must have heard it on the radio at an early age, for, from time to time, I would hum the "I'm getting closer to my home" theme to myself, not knowing what it was or where it came from. Then one day in graduate school, it came on the classic rock station. (My small-town station only played top-forty) When that section came, it was like a revelation, as the old musical memory awakened. Where had it been all those years? There's probably a good neuro-science thesis in there someplace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Please keep your comments civil and on-topic. Spammage will be cheerfully removed.